Rent the Theater
RATES AND GUIDELINES
Sunday – Thursday
Friday – Saturday
|Auditorium Performance (8 hours)||
|Auditorium Rehearsal / Meetings (4 hours)||
|Third Floor Ballroom – max. capacity 150 (4 hours)||
|First Floor Dance Studio – max. capacity 35 (1-4 hours)||
|Auditorium Cleaning Fee (per event day)||
|Ballroom Cleaning Fee (per event day)||
|*Plus contract and liability policy|
|Discount available for not-for-profit organizations|
|Sound Technician||$50 / hour|
|Video/Light Technician||$50 / hour|
|Bartender (per 75 people)||$50 / hour|
|Security (over 75 people)||$50 / hour|
The Goshen Theater requires the booking deposit, cleaning fee and signed contract to secure a room space. The remaining balance will be due upon receipt of the final invoice. Any invoice not paid within 15 days of receipt of the final invoice will be assessed a finance charge of 1% per month for each month it remains unpaid. Failure to make prompt payment may jeopardize the (RENTERS)’s future use of Goshen Theater’s facilities.
GTI will return any overage on the deposit (minus cleaning and rental fees) cleaning fee within 15 days after the event if no damage has occurred.
If the EVENT is canceled by either the (RENTER) or Goshen Theater on behalf of the (RENTER) via written notice to Goshen Theater, the (RENTER) shall pay the following as liquidated damages to GTI. These liquidated damages represent business opportunity and work completed by GTI on behalf of the (RENTER) in advance of the EVENT:
- A booking deposit and signed contract is required by (DATE) to reserve function space and accommodations and is non-refundable. Goshen Theater reserves the right to cancel any event without notice if the deposit is not received on or before the above date.
- If GTI receives written notice of cancellation between 60 days to 30 days from (Event Date), a cancellation fee of 25% of the (Total Estimated Cost) shall be due and payable within 30 days of the written cancellation
- If GTI receives written notice of cancellation between 29 days to 15 days from the Event Date, a cancellation fee of 50% of the Total Estimated Cost shall be due and payable within 30 days of written cancellation.
- If GTI receives written notice of cancellation between 14 days to 5 days from the Event date, 75% of the Total Estimated Cost shall be due and payable within 30 days of written cancellation.
- If GTI receives written notice of cancellation between 4 days or less prior to the Event Date, 100% of the Total Estimated Costs shall be due and payable within 30 days of the cancellation.
PUBLICITY AND PROGRAM CONTENTS
(RENTER) is responsible to handle all advanced publicity and program contents.
The (RENTER) may only use the spaces identified for use within the building stated on this agreement. Only the stated group may use these rooms, for the stated purpose, and for the designated event times. In addition, overflow into other areas not reserved may result in additional charges.
(RENTER) is responsible for any damage or other conditions requiring more than normal maintenance service in any of the space used by the RENTER’S participants. GTI will itemize charges for damages or lost or improperly returned keys or for re-coring of locks due to lost keys will be itemized on the final billing.
RENTER may not use tape, nails, screws, etc. to affix any items or decorations to the building, its furnishings, fixtures or equipment.
GTI will be held free of all responsibility and liability, financial or otherwise, involved in the presentation of any Event. GTI is in no way responsible for any damage to, or loss of, equipment, decorations, etc. owned or rented by (RENTER).
(RENTER) is responsible for any personal items (equipment, books, jewelry, etc.). Any items shipped to the Goshen Theater are at the risk of owner-sender and are not the responsibility of GTI. Furthermore, personal or shipped items are NOT covered by GTI’s insurance policies. GTI assumes no responsibility for safe storage.
- There may be no rice, rice bags, confetti, flower petals or glitter utilized on the premises, including rooms rented and on the outside grounds of the Goshen Theater. Birdseed may only be distributed outside of the buildings. Violation of this policy will result in an additional $75 cleaning fee.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FIRE: The use of candles or open flame is strictly prohibited.
- LIVE PLANTS/CUT FLOWERS: The RENTER may bring live plants on day of the event. The RENTER must remove all plants when the event is over.
- DECORATIONS: Installation and removal of decorations are the responsibility of the RENTER on the day of the event. Surfaces damaged from the use of decorations will be repaired at the RENTER’s expense. Tape or adhesive materials may not be used on any painted or wood surface. Tape is permitted on brick and glass surfaces.
- Additional restrictions may apply in specific spaces.
- Review all decorating plans with the Downtown Goshen Inc.
Setup arrangements and audiovisual must be finalized not less than two (2) weeks prior to the first date of (RENTER)’s arrival. Goshen Theater will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
- The band, disc jockey, or other entertainment must notify GTI of their equipment type, electrical set-up, and time of arrival.
- Smoke Machines are not allowed in the theater.
- Any staging, cords microphones or other electrical/gaffers tape is the responsibility of the band or DJ.
- Groups requiting more power than the standard electrical outlet should contact Goshen Theater Inc. in advance to arrange sufficient power.
The RENTERs shall abide by all occupancy restrictions posted above each room. Occupancy is determined by the State Fire Marshal for the safety of our guests, and GTI reserves the right to enforce occupancy restrictions.
Extra hours must be requested one week in advance.
SELLING OF MERCHANDISE
Renters may sell merchandise at their events only after receiving written permission from the theater manager or board of directors.
GOSHEN THEATER POLICIES
(RENTER) must uphold all federal, state, and municipal laws, codes and rulings, in addition to all applicable Goshen Theater policies. Goshen Theater maintains a policy forbidding use of narcotics while on the premises of Goshen Theater. This includes parking areas as well as in the buildings. Smoking is strictly forbidden anywhere inside the building. All smoking / cigarette waste outside the building must be disposed in a fire-safe container. No tobacco or cigarette waste is to be left outside the facility on the ground. We require your participants and their guests adhere to this policy while on our premises. Failure to comply will result in an additional cleanup fee.
All organizations not related to Goshen Theater must submit a Certificate of Insurance 30-days before use of the facility. Goshen Theater shall be named as additional insured and the liability limits will be as follows:
- $1,000,000 for each person / occurrence for bodily injury
- $1,000,000 for each occurrence of property damage
The performance of the Agreement is subject to termination without liability upon the occurrence of any circumstance beyond the control of either party – such as acts of God, war, government regulations, disaster, strikes (except those involving the employees or agents of the party seeking the protection of this clause), civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation facilities – to the extent that such circumstance makes it illegal or impossible to provide or use the Goshen Theater facilities. The ability to terminate this Agreement without liability pursuant to this paragraph is conditioned upon delivery of written notice to the other party setting forth the basis for such termination as soon as reasonably practical – but in no event longer that ten (10) days – after learning of such basis.
CHANGES, ADDITIONS, STIPULATIONS OR LINING OUT
Any changes, additions, stipulations or deletions including corrective lining out by either Goshen Theater or (RENTER) will not be considered agreed to or binding on the other unless such modifications have been initialed or otherwise approved in writing by the other.
(RENTER) agrees to reimburse Goshen Theater reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred because of any breach of this agreement.
The (RENTER) agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the GTI, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all costs, losses, damages, claims, suits or any liability whatsoever, including attorney’s fees, resulting from injury, including death, to persons or damage to property arising out of, or in any manner connected with the (RENTER)’s use of the Goshen Theater property.
Prior to execution by both parties, this document represents an offer by GTI. Unless GTI otherwise notifies (RENTER) at any time prior to (RENTER)’s execution of this document, the outlined format and dates will be held by GTI for (RENTER) until (DATE). If (RENTER) cannot make a commitment prior to that date, the arrangements will be released, in which case neither party will have any further obligations. Upon receipt by GTI of a fully executed version of this Agreement prior to (DATE), or upon GTI’s acceptance of a fully executed version of this Agreement after such date, it will be placed on a definite basis and will be binding upon GTI and (RENTER).
Fill out our Renter Application.
Check our Calendar page for Auditorium and Ballroom availability.