The Goshen Theater is currently seeking candidates for the following position:
MANAGING DIRECTOR, Goshen Theater
The Managing Director serves as the chief manager of Goshen Theater and reports to the board of directors. This position has management responsibility for all operations of the Goshen Theater. In 2018 – 2019, this position will significantly influence the design of programming and operations for the organization (including a Children’s Music and Theater programs) and support the capital campaign.
The Managing Director bears responsibility for daily operations, bookings, and marketing activity. This individual manages relationships with promoters and key user groups, renters, community organizations and other relevant stakeholders, and supervises theater staff.
Additionally, he/she schedules, coordinates and supervises box office, concessions and retail sales for events, assists patrons with special requirements, coordinates performances with stage personnel, and oversees general emergency procedures (fire evacuation, severe weather and power outages, etc.). He/she is also responsible for volunteer coordination.
Strategic Planning and Programming:
- Provide leadership for strategic and planning efforts of theater including providing direction for programming activities.
Supervision/Board and Partner Communication:
- Serve as staff liaison to the Goshen Theater board;
- Prepare for and attend board meetings;
- Develop and maintain volunteer pool;
- Train and supervise volunteers.
- Manage day to day operations;
- Maintain/update databases, calendars;
- Oversee all contracts and agreements;
- Oversee security and safety, liability licensure, event permitting, as well as food and beverage licensing and compliance.
- Oversee rentals of theater spaces; Work with external clients for booking.
- Develop/implement annual fundraising strategy and donor recognition program.
- Work with Board of Directors to develop and manage operational and capital budgets;
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met and fiscal controls are implemented.
- Develop short- and long-term marketing strategies;
- Oversee all marketing, advertising, and public relations efforts.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. A minimum of five years of experience leading arts organization is required. Candidates should possess demonstrated success in development and not-for-profit leadership, marketing. Extensive knowledge of Theater production process is an absolute must. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with diverse community stakeholders. Solid computer skills are needed.
Proposed Salary: $45,000
Benefits: Health Insurance Stipend, Paid Time Off
Application deadline is March 31, 2018
Please email inquiries and/or resumes to Mike Huber email@example.com